Are you planning to conceive a child? If yes, then begin taking prenatal vitamins as soon as possible. You can take these supplements even you are not pregnant at present because these supplements are very god for your health and will help your body to get prepared for pregnancy. As a matter of fact, if you’re a sexually active then it is better to take these
prenatal vitamins as soon as possible because you may become pregnant accidentally. And having these supplements already will help your baby to have a good start. For instance, if you take folic acid supplements at the time of conception you can you’re your baby from neural tube defect.
If you are planning to conceive, then from that time you need to eat only healthy foods. There are some small exceptions that your body will absorb nutrients in a better way when they’re in the natural sources that are food, instead in a supplement form. However, prenatal vitamins offer all needed nutrients for those days of pregnancy in which your diet will be less than ideal.
Prenatal vitamins are available in all medical shops, so the only thing you have to do is go to your health care provider and ask for a prescription, then buy it and have it. These supplements are also available in over-the-counter versions but mostly prescription ones are recommended because your health care provider knows about your body condition well. There are some pregnant women who experience some trouble in taking prenatal vitamins so if experience any health problem like nausea after taking the supplements, then it is better to take with the evening meal or at bedtime. You can also consult your health care provider about taking an alternative supplement, like chewable or a liquid.
- Vitamin A is very important vitamins which play a vital role in development of skin and mucous membrane cells.
- Vitamins B6, riboflavin, thiamine, and folic acid are some of the other important vitamins which help in the development of bones, the nervous system, muscles, and the brain.Folic acid is very essentials vitamin as it prevents your baby from neural tube defects. Your vitamin supplement should hold between 1.6 mg of riboflavin, 800 and 1,000 mcg of folic acid, 17 mg of niacinamide, 1.5 mg of thiamine, and 2.2 mcg of vitamin B12.
- Vitamin C plays a vital role to maintain your health also helps to absorb the calcium and phosphorus from the food. Your vitamin supplement should hold about 70 mg of Vitamin C.
- Calcium is helps in bone development and protects your baby’s bones from becoming weakened. So take at least 200 and 300 mg of calcium daily.
- Iron is also very important nutrient as it helps your blood to carry oxygen to your infant. Take at least 30 mg of iron every day.
In addition it is also good if you include essential fatty acids, zinc vitamins D and E in your diet.